Prabhat Samgiita: spiritual art and music
Information about meditation and spiritual life style, for individual and collective growth
Welcome to the Prabhat Samgiita For All website!
This website, as all our work in general, has informative and educational purpose.
We work voluntarily with the greater goal of contributing to the awareness that humanity is one; that differences between people are much smaller than what we all are as human beings.
Feel invited to visit or share the link to our Portuguese website: http://prabhatsamgiita.org.
What we want to share with you:
- Prabhat Samgiita: songs for inner peace and spiritual growth
- The richness, beauty and depth of Indian classical music, made simple and accessible
- Information about meditation and spiritual lifestyle
Prabhat Samgiita songs contain messages of hope, optimism, personal and spiritual growth for all people. Each person can find one or more songs which touch and express what’s in their heart. We want to share with you the spiritual treasure contained in these songs. So here are a few things you can do:
- See the lyrics with translation and listen to the recordings of selected Prabhat Samgiita SONGS.
- Attend our PRABHAT SAMGIITA online classes, where you can learn about the language, pronunciation and meaning of these songs.
- If you are interested in the musical side, see the info available on the MUSICAL STUDY section in this website. (Please note that for beginners we recommend getting an introduction through in-person events.)
- To learn about the songs as a whole, especially the musical side, please consider attending our workshops and retreats: see the UPCOMING events. (You can also see the records of our PAST EVENTS to get an idea of how they look like.)
- You can also schedule and organize an event with us at your place or city: feel free to CONTACT US – to get more information, to discuss the possibility with us, or to present your proposal.
INDIAN CLASSICAL MUSIC
We make available first class information about Indian classical music, on whose melodic structures (ragas) many of the Prabhat Samgiita songs are based. We want to make the richness, beauty and depth of this ancient art and musical tradition accessible and easy to grasp. Of course this demands time and requires effort and patience.
Our main goal here is to create a basis so that Prabhat Samgiita songs can be more fully appreciated by all, and also systematically learned, practiced, and taught. Instructor Kirit Dave developed and applies a methodology which is appropriate for this end. With this approach, it has been possible to help and teach people on different levels of musical knowledge, starting from people who never had any education on singing or practicing music. It also enables one to become an instructor and help other people to learn. What you can do:
- See our info available on MUSICAL STUDY. Give us your feedback and send us your questions (CONTACT US).
- Attend our workshops and retreats, where our main focus is on the musical side: see the UPCOMING events.
- You can also see the records of our PAST EVENTS to get an idea of how they look like.
- You can also schedule and organize an event with us at your place or city: feel free to CONTACT US.
MEDITATION AND SPIRITUAL LIFESTYLE
Meditation is a very special tool to help and enable our integral human development. By “meditation” we mean a process formulated to help us achieve the highest human realization. But for it to be effective a proper psychology is required, besides other factors. It’s not a mechanical or automatic process. By learning the science of meditation we can understand what “meditation” is meant to be, how we should work with it, and what it can do for us.
We want to make available information on the science and practice of meditation and on how to develop a spiritual lifestyle – one which involves a balance between our daily, worldly needs and the expansion of our consciousness. We want to contribute towards everybody having the opportunity to progress on their own path of evolution and self-realization, so that all can get happiness and peace at the deepest level. We suggest to you to:
- Participate in our ongoing Astaunga Yoga online course. A background of spiritual philosophy has already been taught, and the study of the spiritual science oriented towards the practice of meditation is going on.
- Access and study the recordings of previous classes of the Astaunga Yoga course. (Available to registered attendees.)
- Schedule and organize an event with us at your place or city – possibly an introductory speech or workshop. Feel free to CONTACT US – to get more information, to discuss the possibility with us, or to present your proposal.
Interested in attending in-person events on one of the subjects above?
- Please see the records of our PAST EVENTS.
- See our UPCOMING events and participate.
- Any questions about how to participate in our events and what you are going to find there? CONTACT US for more information.
- Schedule and organize an event with us at your place or city: get in CONTACT with us for more information or to share your idea. Our work is voluntary!