Prabhat Samgiita intensive training from July 13 to 21 in Pontal do Sul – PR conducted by instructor Kirit Dave.
- 9 days duration with 18 attendees, 4 of them partially.
- Participation of tabla player Ashesh Deva during all training, and of tabla player Rodrigo Fonseca on days 17 and 18.
- Jiivanii Devii lead some activities including: demonstration and practice of some compositions and introductory class on harmonium.
- Concert by Kirit and Ashesh and dinner on July 18 in the evening; open to the public. 27 people attended besides the training attendees.
Main topics covered:
- Learning and vocal practice of Prabhat Samgiita, along with discipline of counting/observing tala.
- Ragas Bhairavi and Desh and secondarily also raga Asavari, with exercises (swara vistara) and compositions on these three ragas.
- Study of main talas found in Prabhat Samgiita: dadra, kaharva, bhajan theka, rupak and teentaal.
- Basic concepts of Indian classical music, along with demonstrations and practice.
- Introdution to harmonium.
Booklets – click to open and download as pdf:
Songs and compositions covered:
From the booklet:
- Bashonteri aagomone (1682)
- Bhalobasha bhora bhuboner ronge (4713) http://en.prabhatsamgiita.org/musica/Bhalobasha bora.mp3
- Shur toronge mohono ronge (0772) http://en.prabhatsamgiita.org/Shur toronge mohono ronge.mp3
- Tomare deke chhi (3522)
- Antaro mamo bikoshito karo http://en.prabhatsamgiita.org/concerto – 6. Antaro Mamo.mp3
- composition in Dhrupad style http://en.prabhatsamgiita.org/Dhrupad Bhairavi
- Madhur Bhairavi ragini (Lakshan Giit) http://en.prabhatsamgiita.org/Madhur Bhairavi.mp3
- Teen Taal Sargam
- Amar Krishno kothay bol re (1269)
- Amar tore okatore (3527) http://en.prabhatsamgiita.org/Amar tore okatore.mp3
- Ogo probhu cheye dekho (0349)
- Tomar kotha bhebe bhebe (0668) http://en.prabhatsamgiita.org/Tomar kotha bhebe bhebe.mp3
- Bishsho Dolay (2777)
- Jagichhe Bhubanoi
- composition with tihai
- Sonali Bhor (0130)
- She Din Shondhay (3382)
- demonstration of Sum in different talas: Amar Moner Udbelotay (3237), Vajra Kathora (1565), Tvam Mama Priya (3951)
Other new or reviewed contents:
- swara vistara of raga Bhairavi
- swara vistara of raga Desh
- demonstration of raga Asavari
- comparison between ragas Bhairavi and Bilaskhani Todi
Check out pictures of the program!