The mini-retreat happened on November 14 e 15 at Shiva Ashram, in Petrópolis – RJ. The instructor was Mahesh and local organizer was Nirmegha. The event had two attendees and two visitors . One of the results of the event as a proposal for a Prabhat Samgiita presentation on December 14 at Shiva Space, also in Petrópolis. In a date after this presentation, an introductory PS workshop could be organized.
Contents studied in the mini-retreat:
- raga Bhairavi – swara vistara
- Amar moner udbelotay (3237)
- Bone upobone khuñjiya khuñjiya (1082) http://en.prabhatsamgiita.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Bone-upobone-Lavanya.mp3
- Monke kono chhoto kajei (163)
- Noyone momota bhora (12) http://en.prabhatsamgiita.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Noyone-momota-bhora-Lavanya.mp3
- Dhrupad composition – raga Bhairavi, chautaal
- demonstration/study of talas used: dadra, kaharwa, rupak, chautaal
- Bhalobasho ki na jani na (3218)
- Tumi noyon majhare (1315)
- Shonali bhor jibone mor (130)
- Tumi kachhe thekeo dure go (4579)
- Tumi shabar mone achho (158)
- raga Desh – swara vistara
Booklet (in Portuguese):
Can be accessed here.
Evaluation by attendees:
The mini-retreat contributed for them to improve their grasp of the songs. This will help them to conduct practice of PS in their collective meditation meeting. They were 100% satisfied with the facility and also with the instructor.
Participation of visitors/host:
Visitors appreciated their participation. One of them is a professional musician and was happy with the opportunity to learn different things. The host was happy and expects this to be a first event of many others to come. He was very helpful to the attendees.